covid 19 & re-opening our campsite safely
We are pleased to announce that it has been confirmed that we can open our campsite on Saturday the 4th of July 2020.
Now that this has been confirmed and the government have released their guidelines on how to open safely we wanted to give you some detailed information about what we will be doing to keep you (and us) safe and how these changes may affect your stay with us.
What we are doing to keep you safe
- We have a full self check in procedure so you do not need to come into contact with a member of staff, unless of course you need us then you can just give us a call. Our self check in information will be provided to you by email a few days prior to arrival. Anyone who has stayed with us previously will already know how this works.
- Our reception will remain closed but staff will still be available if you need us. An on call mobile number will be displayed on the arrival board.
- We have made sure that there is the recommended social distance between all of our pitches, we already have hedges between the majority of our pitches so that part was easy and we have marked on the ground the distance to be kept on our pitches with no hedges.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance to all of our facilites.
- Our toilet and shower facilities will be open but there will be a limit to the amount of people allowed inside at one time and we will be asking you to queue outside (remember your waterproofs we are still in England). We have developed a homemade traffic light system so you know how many people are inside and if you need to wait outside before entering.
- The cleaning regime for our toilet facilities will be stepped up and frequent touch points will be disinfected as well as cleaned and staff will be using the recommended PPE whilst cleaning.
- Our launderette will remain open but the tourist information leaflets, fridge, freezer, microwave and iron will not be available.
- The childrens play park will be open with hand sanitiser available at the entrance and it will be up to parents to make sure their children stick to the social distancing of other users.
- Our shop will remain closed but we will still have gas, fire pits & logs etc available to purchase with contactless payments only.
- We will also be enforcing a 'no visitors' rule, only those who are booked to stay on site will be allowed on site. If you are coming to visit friends or family members who live locally it is important that you visit them at their home instead of them visiting you on site.
- If it is brought to our attention that anyone on site is putting others at risk by not following the social distancing rules then we will be enforcing a one strike rule by giving guests a polite warning and asking them to be aware and follow site rules then if it is brought to our attention a second time we will be asking those guest to leave the site. This is not something that we want to do as we are generally a very laid back campsite but this will be necessary to keep our other guests and staff safe.
- Due to the reduced contact between staff and guests you will be receiving additional emails from us prior to arrival, prior to departure and after your departure. We ask that you take the time to read these emails carefully as the information on them is extremely important.
what you can do to help us
- Please do not travel if you or anyone in your household has any covid-19 symptoms or if you have been contacted by the governments 'test and trace' team.
- If when you are staying with us you or any of your family members start to display any covid-19 symptoms you must alert a staff member immediately and you and your whole group / family must travel home to get tested and self isolate at home.
- Walk freely on the park but at all times keeping your distance from other guests and staff.
- Please make sure your children know the rules and you know where they are at all times.
- Wash your hands regularly and use the provided hand sanitiser when you enter any of our facilities.
- Pay attention to the signs outside of each of the toilet blocks and adhere to the maximum number of persons allowed inside at once, we will not be policing this so it is up to all guests to make sure you are following the rules.
- Please be aware of the limited number of people allowed into the facilities at once and keep your time inside at a minimum to reduce queueing.
- If you have your own facilities, where possible try to use these the ease the congestion at the communal facilities - this could also include brushing your teeth at your tent.
- Bring additional soap, hand gel, gloves, toilet roll & disinfectant - just to be on the safe side.
- Bring as much food & drinks supplies with you as possible to reduce congestion in local shops.